Thursday, August 25, 2011

Tea Party, Summer Dresses and Friends...

Life is so full of surprises and also expectations. A lot of times, I expect to wake up, get Arianna dressed, hair combed, my Stroller Stride workout, and so much more. It seems there aren't that many hours in the day. Last week, we enjoyed a tea party with friends. I observed a few things about my Arianna-boo:)

First, she loves to be around other people. It's like she knows our Stroller class is ending and it's time for her to get unstrapped and let loose with her friends - the other little people of the group. It's great that we get to meet up with other mamas and kiddos for a workout and random play dates. These particular pictures, we enjoyed a tea party with her buddies: Coco, Brody, Christopher, Emma, Sophia, Samantha, Emery, and Alice. Everyone couldn't make it to class, but it was still a perfect day.

Second, I notice that Arianna will play with the other children, but also likes to discover and play on her own. As an only child with a SAHM, I'm proud of her. One of the Montessori suggestions is to allow your children to explore and figure things out for themselves in a controlled (safe) environment. At one point, she was admiring the water from the boat house and put her mouth on the wired fence. I almost went crazy then reminded myself that you wouldn't die and plus, I pray for her daily. :)

Third, Arianna is such a lady. During the tea party she did not indulge in sweets like I did. LOL! (We had a tough workout). Instead, she ate blueberries and sipped on her tea (juice, rather). I don't know where she gets this little appetite from and petite frame. But she's healthy and the doctor commends me on her advancement as a 17month old (she can read the entire alphabet, read her numbers up to 17, read quite a few words, and sign a few words as well) and that she's extremely fit. Thank you Jesus. Arianna must have the metabolism I always prayed for. Now that she's walking, she's eating a little more and burning way more calories. 

I know I sound like the regular mom bragging on her baby. But I'm glad because that makes me a little normal. 

A neighborhood friend is a public school teacher who even blogs about advancement in your child's literacy (www.hellofirstgrade.com) and she said that Ari should stay home with me as long as she can. Ms. Jones said that at her age, it's pretty much daycare and she wouldn't have learned her alphabet, numbers, shapes and colors at her age. This gives me relief because I don't think I can do that right now. (Personal story will be blogged later). So much has transpired in my life that I need my family close by.

Enjoy the pics of Arianna during her tea party at the boat house. She's wearing a summer dress full of daisies from Gymboree (12mo and still too big), and her Bantu Knots hairstyle. Just a little something different.


*How can I ever say "no" to this face?


*She just started walking a few weeks ago. Correction: running, seriously?:)


*We are the Laughinghouse Family 24/7


*She finally got the talking tea pot to herself to enjoy. How nice to let everyone else get a turn first.


*Thinking, why does this food have no taste? Mommy tricked me!:-)


*I'm framing this. Caption: Tea is liquid wisdom. So drink up!



*Another framed pic. Caption: Dream on my dreamer while others are still wishing.


8 comments:

  1. How cuuute!! Love these photos. She's so adorable! I love how you said you calmed down and realised she wouldn't die. I think us moms have gotta remember that at times. haha.

    Love her dress! And I LOVE her hairstyle! I want to try doing something different with Lil' J's. She just won't sit still long!

    Thanks for linking up to Mini Mod! I hope you'll come back next week too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. saw you on Baby Making! She is so cute love her hair. I am struggling with my babies hair, need to try this style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Check out the blog and facebook page for "beads, braiding and more". The moms there (especially the owner of the site) gives a lot of tips. Also, there's www.happygirlhair.com. She's great because she has twins. One has straight hair and the other has curly and thick beautiful hair. She also has videos and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...and here's the link to the blog I did on hair care products:
    http://ariannazoe2010.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-love-my-hair.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your baby girl is too cute :)

    www.simplistic-chic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. she is so adorable! love her little hairstyle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god! She is such a cutie pie. I loved her dress. My daughter’s birthday is also around the corner and I am planning to book an outdoor venue NYC because she wants a swimming pool and outdoor games for her birthday. It is going to be a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete